Saturday, April 22, 2006

JunkMail

Revenge of the consumer.

How often do you shred?

Almost everyone has a shredder nowadays, and uses it to protect their identity.

I shred, and more.

Every three months or so, I get out the shedder and start opening the grocery sacks full of junk mail, and shredding all of the forms that have my name on them. Too many companies know too much about me, but I manage to get my revenge.
Here is a 3 month pile of sensitive junk mail shredded.


Yes the marketing companies mail offers to me, but the problem is that they include some very sensitive information on the junkmail letter. It takes time but I must get rid of the threat to my good name and good credit. Yes, every once in awhile I must get out the shredder and spend some of my time to protect myself and my family. When the task of shredding is done, I sigh a sigh of relief and think "Thank God, now my garbageman won’t be able to apply for 20 credit cards in my name."


Then comes the fun part…..Getting even.

Yes, marketing by mail is so last millennium, but web_loafer gets even with the companies that insist on junking my mail.


I get even with all of the credit card companies, the AARP, the Sierra Club, AAA, DNC, and all of the organizations that pollute my mail.

It took me over an hour to open all of the junk mail and shred the sensitive material, but I got it done.

Now for revenge, I saved the postage return envelopes that were included in all that junk mail. When the Sierra Club sends me a junk letter, it only costs them about 5 cents to get it delivered. YES A NICKEL. Don’t you wish you could send a letter for 5 cents? The Sierra Club can send a big fat sealed envelope of junk to me for 5 cents.

Not too long ago, I had to pay 78 cents to mail my income tax forms into the IRS, NOPE, they didn't give me a bulk rate.

I shredded all of the letter from the Sierra Club except for the return envelope. Yes they want me to put a check in the envelope; and they are willing to pay the return postage. Good. I seal up the envelope, (empty of course) and post it. That will cost the Sierra Club 39 cents. I have my revenge.



In three months of junk mail, here you see a stack of over 100 ( No Postage Necessary if mailed in the United States,) envelopes. And pictured also are the 11 very realistic plastic cards that young children love, (they think they are real credit card like mommy and daddy's plastic) and a few fancy stickers that I don’t have a clue as to what I to do with.

So it will cost the companies that junk up my mail over $39.00 to pay for the postage on these returned envelopes.

It won’t work nowadays, but when I was young I glued a postage paid envelope to brick wrapped up in brown paper, and sent it to the one that sent the junk mail to me. Imagine the surprise at the marketing place when they had to pay 5 or 6 dollars to have a brick delivered to them.

Remember the Book written by Abby Hoffman, entitled “Steal this Book”?

It was a great marketing scheme.

I have an even better scheme. Mailbacks are but one.

OK OK, I’ll give you one more scheme, but only one more. Anymore you will have to pay for.

Want to see a movie like Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 911, but don’t want to help line the idiots pockets with your hard earned money? Yes you are only curious as to how much propaganda and bigotry is in the film. But you don’t want any of your money to go to the FatBigotsPockets?

EASY……..yes easily done. All you have to do is find a movie multiplex house where the film 'Fahrenheit 911' is showing, go to the movie complex and buy a ticket to another movie. Don’t ask for tickets to the fat bigots movie, ask for tickets to your choice of the other movies playing in that multiplex. They don’t usher you into the correct movie showing, you simply walk into the MM movie, and shezamm, you can watch the stupid film but MM doesn’t get a penny from you.

You will have to pay me for anymore ways to get even…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home