Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Cartoon Wars

Cartoons are for laughter, right? Do you remember any of the Saturday morning cartoons of your youth? I do, even though it has been 50 years since I sat with the family and watched cartoons on a Saturday morning, I remember them. These things stick with you; I still can picture Elmer Fudd with his shotgun, hunting Bugs. “What’s up Doc?”

Compare Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd or Mighty Mouse to these recent cartoons that millions of children in Iran are watching every Friday morning.

If you really and truly want to know why the young boys of Islam are willing to become bombs…..follow one of these links, you will see for yourself. I don’t need to comment about these cartoons, just watch the cartoons.

What Iranian Children Watch.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks.
Followed those links, and had to stop and think.
Reality is never what we wish it to be.
How do we bring the world back to a good place to live?

9:13 PM  
Blogger animeg said...

Respect for others is the first step.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watch BBC and my kids watch nickolodian, what my eldest son doesnt get is why all the time they are mentioning cartoons on the BBC and why people are fighting about cartoons.

I am not really sure what to tell him.

1:20 AM  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

thanks for that. before this, i never really knew what all the fuss was about. tolerance and respect for each other's religion and beliefs should be paramount if we want to live in peace.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home